Los Angeles Airport Shuttle Information
LAX is ranked sixth in the world for number of passengers, and is the busiest origin and destination airport in the world! Each day over 150,000 passengers come through LAX airport, which creates quite a bit of traffic. Why add to the growing problem of traffic when you can take a shuttle to or from LAX for only $20? Taking a shuttle to LAX is the best way to get to and from LAX for multiple reasons.
The first reason to take a shuttle to LAX is that you don’t have to drive in the Los Angeles traffic. Once aboard a shuttle, you can sit back and let a professional driver navigate the freeways and streets, getting you to the airport as quickly as possible. Another reason to take a ride-share shuttle to or from LAX is to reduce the number of cars on the road. By sharing a shuttle to LAX, you help to eliminate thousands of private trips to the airport each year, which helps to reduce smog and traffic congestion. Plus, by taking a shuttle to LAX you get dropped off right at the entrance to your terminal. You don’t have to deal with the parking lot shuttles. You don’t have to ask a friend or family member to drive you to the airport. You simply get on the shuttle at your home and get off at your terminal. The trip home on a shuttle from LAX is just as easy, you simply get on the shuttle at your terminal and get dropped off at home.
LAX Top 10 Tips
- Minimize clothing and jewelry with metal. This will assure that you don’t set off the metal detectors. It is also a good idea to wear nice clothing; it has been proven that the better you dress the better you are treated.
- If your airline allows it (and most do) check in online before you leave home. This will reduce the number of stops you need to make once at the airport.
- Eat before you head out to the airport. Those planes don’t provide meals like they used to and the airport food can be expensive.
- Don’t over pack your bags. The TSA is going to go through them and if they are over packed they will be a mess when you get to your destination. It is also a good idea to attach your contact information to your bags, in case they get misplaced.
- Wrap gifts after you arrive. The TSA may want to search those gifts and you’ll be wrapping them twice.
- Wear shoes that are easy to get on and off since you will have to take off your shoes when you go through security.
- Make your baggage stand out. Placing a bright ribbon on or buying the brightest luggage you can find will make it easier to find at the baggage claim.
- If possible, only pack carryon luggage. This will save you time checking your luggage and you will not have to wait at the baggage claim wondering if your luggage made it to the correct airport.
- If possible, travel on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as these are the lightest travel days. On these days you not only avoid the crowds, but you can find great deals on airlines.
- Book your ride to and from LAX at Shuttle2LAX.com. Shuttle2LAX saves you money, reduces traffic and gets you to and from LAX as safe and efficiently as possible.
Airport Shuttle Tips
- Print and bring your confirmation email with you.
- Be sure to make your way out to the shuttle waiting area as quickly as possible, as this assures your shuttle van will be on its way from the staging area to you as soon as possible. The shuttle van is not released until you are ready to go, at the airport curb.
- Make your reservation with your cell phone, not home or office phone, just in case the shuttle company needs to contact you.
- Check for keys, cell phones, jackets and other loose items before leaving the shuttle.
- Bring a jacket. The shuttle waiting areas can get cold at LAX, even during the warmer months of the year.